Responsibilities of County Administrator:
- See that purchases are made from vendors whose bids have been accepted by the board of supervisors under the provisions of law.
- Carry out the policies adopted by the board of supervisors, to include exercising supervision over the boards or other divisions of county government, except for the sheriff’s department, financed in whole or in part through taxes levied on county property.
- Prepare the budget for consideration by the board of supervisors and assist the board of supervisors in the preparation of the tax levy.
- Have general supervision over the county sanitary landfills and refuse collection procedures.
- Have general supervision over county-owned parks, playgrounds and recreation areas.
- Have general supervision over any and all airports owned by the county.
- Be the liaison officer to work with the various divisions of county government and agencies to see that county-owned property is properly managed, maintained, repaired, improved, kept or stored.
- See that all orders, resolutions and regulations of the board of supervisors are faithfully executed.
- Make reports to the board from time to time concerning the affairs of the county and keep the board fully advised as to the financial condition of the county and future financial needs.
- Keep the board of supervisors informed as to federal and state laws and regulations which affect the board of supervisors and advise the board as to the possible availability of federal or state grants and assistance for which the county may be eligible; assist in the preparation and submission of plans and project specifications necessary to acquire such assistance and shall be the administrating officer of county grants from state and federal sources.
- Securing insurance coverage on such county property as the board shall decide should be insured and of securing any other insurance required or authorized by law. He shall work out a plan of insurance for the county which will insure minimum premiums.